Find Yourself While Helping Others
- Grow.Get out of your comfort zone.
- Share.Your unique personality and strengths are needed by both your students and your group of peer teachers.
- Discover.Learn who you are and what direction you want to take. Heck, you may even decide on a major!
- Give. As a native speaker, you have a special gift to give: the English language.
Live In & Explore Another Country
- Travel.Visit the Great Wall, Red Square, Krabi Island, or Ancient Mayan Temples.
- Live. Four months to explore, travel, volunteer, learn, and make friends. Really know the country rather than being a tourist.
- Learn.Let locals and friends teach you new skills such as speaking a new language, customs and cultural activities.
- Explore.Teaching is half a day each day and then you have lots of free time to explore your city and the country around you.
Build Your Resume
- Get experience.Don't let school get in the way of your education. Get some real experience to go along with your classroom learning.
- Get credit.Yes! You can arrange credit with your university while you take a semester abroad.
- Get a break.Relax and take a much needed break from school to get refreshed.
- Get ahead.Four months of volunteer service for kids will help you stand out on a job or grad school application.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Help. Teaching kids English makes their lives (and those around them) better.
- Teach.You'll play and spend quality time with each of your kids a couple of hours each day.
- Influence.Change perceptions and influence tomorrow's leaders for good.
- Love.Create relationships that will last a life-time.